CASE awarded Disability Confident Employer for 2nd Year
15th June 2017
CASE has recently been awarded a Disability Confident Employer for a second year.
We’re one of thousands of Disability Confident businesses and charities who are ensuring that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
As a disability confident employer we:
- had to undertake and successfully complete the Disability Confident self-assessment
- are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer
- are offering at least one activity to get the right people for our business and at least
- one activity to keep and develop our people.
Steve Rusling Marketing Manager at CASE said “Being Disability Confident means we’re benefitting from diverse skills and making a difference to the disability employment gap. Over half of workplaces are missing out on disabled talent. Disability Confident works with employers like us to make sure we benefit from those skills.”
Through Disability Confident, the government is working with employers to:
- challenge attitudes towards disability
- increase understanding of disability
- remove barriers
- ensure that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations
Find out more about Disability Confident at: www.gov.uk/dwp/disabilityconfident